What's going on lately you ask? Well, I'll tell ya.
Paige
As you may or may not know, Paige broke her arm two weeks ago today. We had just gotten back from Las Vegas. Paige was walking ahead of me going into the house and fell forward on the tile floor. She caught herself with both hands and broke both bones in her left forearm. At first I didn't know it was broke. She cried, but I couldn't see any blood or anything else. Later that night I noticed a big bump on her arm and we took her to the Instacare. They put her arm in a brace and gave her a sling to use. The next day we took her to a orthapedic specialist and he put her arm in a cast. She has to have it on for four weeks. Poor baby! She's actually finally getting used to it. I can't wait for her to get it off though-that cast is a lethal weapon. Especially during the night when she turns over and hits me with it!
Paige is a very good talker. She says several things now and even makes short sentences. Everyone here in Hurricane calls Josh "Chancho" since he went on the Mormon Handcart Trek. That now includes Paige. She always asks me, "Where's Chancho?" She also loves to yell for Sadie in the morning.
Sarah
Sarah is growing up way too fast! At Wyatt's last basketball game, she kept telling us she liked the "blue guy" out on the basketball court. He is one of Josh's friends. He was the referee for the game. Well, at this Saturday's game, she spotted him right away. She told me, "Mom, see that boy in the red shirt and black shorts? He's cute!" He wasn't the referee for this game and was just sitting on the bleachers. She kept going and sitting right next to him and talking to him. We are really going to have to watch her!!
Sarah is a pro at spelling her name now. We started doing phonics last summer but dropped it part way through. I think we'll start up again. Sarah loves to do it, so I better get on it while she's so willing.
Sarah finally got her "poopy baby" for Christmas. She's waited quite a while. She was supposed to have it for her birthday, but due to really bad naughtiness, she had to wait for Christmas. I don't think she'll be starting anymore vehicles anytime soon. Although this IS Sarah we're talking about. You just never know what she might do. She is VERY independant. If any of you ever go on the show Survivor, take Sarah with you. She is self sufficient to the max.
Wyatt
Wyatt is playing basketball for the first time this year. He's been pretty good at it, but isn't too excited about it. He wanted to know if he could quit half way though the season. He told me that he is not a basketball kind of kid. He says he is more of a shooting, fishing, hunting, camping kind of a kid. I told him he has to finish the season. After yesterday, thai is only one more game.
Wyatt is finally finding some friends around here. He actually found another friend yesterday. He only lives two houses down. The kid's name is Lance. Lance's uncle is Wyatt's basketball coach. They seem to get along pretty well. Wyatt has another friend in the house behind us named Talon. But Wyatt says Talon talks too much, so they don't hang out as often as they used to. Maybe they will more when it warms back up around here.
Josh
Josh has a million friends in Hurricane now. Like I mentioned up above, since he went on the trek, everyone in Hurricane knows him as "Chancho". We can't go anywhere in town without someone yelling, "heh, Chancho!". Some people have been shocked to find out that his real name is Josh. I think they gave him the name because of the funny hat he wore on the trek. Anyway, I think the name may stick forever. People mentioned that the whole time on the trek, Josh had a great attitude and kept everyone happy and laughing. Dare I say he has a bubbly personality?
Josh is getting pretty close to turning 15. As soon as he does, he can get his learners permit (if he can pass the written test). He just cant wait. But I can. He is a good driver, but thinks he knows everything about driving, and is not afraid to tell you about it. Anyway, look out Hurricane and watch my insurance rates go through the roof!
Rusty & Cristy
We are planning on going home this weekend to do a little more on our house. I need to find a sign that says, "for sale by owner". We want to try and sell our house ourselves first, and then if nothing happens, we will probably list it with Lynette Houser. I just hate to pay all that money to an agent. We are both very ready to have our own place again. It's hard to cram too many people into one house. I'm sure mom prays nightly that we will sell our house in Santaquin and find one here. Maybe if we all pray someone will just come by and buy it. Wishfull thinking. We drove out to Apple Valley yesterday to see what is available as far as land and houses. It was further out than we both thought. Mom and Dad said they would like to move out there too. There are a few nice places and there are some awesome lots with great views of Zion's.
Rusty is still working and so am I, but he works 60 hours a week and I'm lucky to work 10. Rusty and I just got called to be in the Nursery at church. Yesterday was our first day of both of us being in there. There are nine kids and four nursery people. Pretty good odds huh? The class is really structured and the kids are so cute. Paige is the youngest one there. It's amazing to see how quickly kids grow up. She already knows how to crumble up her napkin when she's done with snack and put it in her cup, and then to throw it all away in the garbage can. I think this will be a good calling for us.
Anyway it's time to go get Wyatt from school so I must go. This post only took parts of three days to finish, but now it's done!
Peace, out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment